1. What can you tell us about the district's efforts to clean and disinfect district campuses and other facilities?
Reagan County ISD's custodial staff has been disinfecting and cleaning our facilities daily. We also use Germblast to disinfect our campuses when needed. We will continue to use disinfecting products, foam soaps, hand sanitizers, and hand antibacterial soap. We disinfect the desks and table tops daily and added a desktop mopping system in the classrooms with our Q64 disinfectant. We will use Pheno-D Disinfectant Fogger in areas needed.
2. How long will school be closed?
The governor has the authority to close schools across Texas when a state of disaster has been declared. Locally, our district may choose to close schools if there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the district or county, or if regional authorities make a recommendation to do so. We are currently closed and will remain closed through April 3, 2020. If any changes are made to the schedule, we will contact you and post any changes on our school website.
3. If we cancel school, do we have to extend the school year?
Since we are providing home based instruction, we will not cancel school or extend the school year.
4. When can I expect updates from the District?
We plan to reach out to families and staff during school closure. We'll also reach out if anything develops that warrants immediate communication. Please check our school website and social media sites for updated information. We will use school messenger to communicate any important updates.
5. Do we have a plan for students on free and reduced breakfast and lunch to receive food while school is cancelled?
We will provide Breakfast and Lunch at the Elementary campus on weekdays only from 11:00AM-12:30p
6. How will we provide instruction for students in the event school is cancelled?
Reagan County ISD will use Google Classroom and student packets. If you do not have access to the internet, packets will be provided.
7. How do we meet the needs of students in special programs?
We will provide services online and through paper-based packets according to students IEP or needs. Staff will contact students on regular bases for additional help.
8. What are the implications for state assessment?
Students are exempt from all STAAR Testing the 2019-2020 school year.
9. How will we facilitate access for parents to online resources?
The best path to access resources is through google classroom. There is no parent login access for student resources. However, parents can log on as their student (alongside their student) to access the resources available. (Google Classroom)
10. What triggers a return to normal business?
We monitor the situation daily and will make an informed decision with the guidance of healthcare, state and education officials.